Tuesday, June 20, 2006

it's no wonder i walk out so easily

sometimes it's the things that we are most comfortable with,
the things we think we can seek comfort from,
and the things that we take for granted in life that distract us.

my room has:
a bed,
the laptop corner,
a desktop,
the never-ending shelves of books,
my pool cues,
and the list goes on.

it comes to a point where i sometimes have to detach myself from this room, and move to quieter corners of the ever-so-congested house like the dining room - which has just recently been cleared up because mama shifted the computer into her room - to do my quiet time. the things which i've come to be ever so familiar with like my computers, sometimes i feel pull me away from what i'm supposed to do; spending time with God, and it's no wonder why i am so comfortable with the idea of just picking up the keys to the house and walk out, yes impromptu outings that would give me short snippets of time during bus and train rides, for my mind to reflect, or just to be still as the world goes by. in my room, my activities keep me going, so much so that i am never still, so much that i never quieten down to listen, to hear, His soft small voice.