Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I just watched the phantom of the opera, and I’m feeling what some may call either ‘lovey-dovey’ or I prefer the word emotional. I don’t know if this contributes to what they say as loving the idea of being in love, it is Hollywood after all, but to chuck it away into a category that does not fully represent it would be unfair to it’s author. It is a love story that was written beautifully and I’m thankful that it has been made into a production as such. The costumes were beautiful and the music was nice, although some of it was ‘contemporarized’. I say this because I watched the play when I was much younger and having been trained in classical piano, I get a little edgy with such correction to music that belongs to a play of such a genre.

Oh well, then the thoughts come again. I know it’s never going to happen, not in my life at least, not such a love story. I don’t doubt that something as wonderful or even better (in terms I cannot comprehend) can and may happen if I have the Lord’s blessings with the life partner He has set aside for me, but with the way things are going, all seems, hopeless?

No it doesn’t, I’m just feeling despondent, and I know on the more rational side of my mind that it is not time. God has a purpose for putting me through NS, and I am not going to let my world crumble apart. It can’t, not when whatever process I am going through is part of His plan for me. See the logic or rather the lack of it when people who claim to have faith that God’s in their lives go,

“Oh no, my life is falling apart, everything just is not going my way!”

We love because He first loved us – 1 John 4:19

Lord I truly touch my heart and thank you that you first loved us, and that you gave us love. Lord, help me to understand, appreciate and differentiate the gifts of love and emotions Lord. They compliment one another perfectly at times, and it’s another one of those unexplainable wonders – the feelings that we feel – of your omnipotence Lord. Help me learn that although I love being in touch with those feelings, I have to be matured to accept that maybe the time is just not right yet. Loving that someone special can only come about if you give your blessings, and Lord, that I know that is what truly matters to me. Help me love my friends with the love that you have for them, and that I truly be a friend to them with no selfish intentions Lord. I cherish the angels that you have put in my life and they make me who I am Lord. Continue to help me grow into the person you’ve made me to be, all these I thank You for and pray in Your name.

Amen.

No comments: